dr hab., prof. UAMElżbieta Wąsik
Websites / Profiles
- M.A, in German and Dutch, Wrocław, 1986
- Ph.D. in linguistics, Wrocław, 1995
- D.Litt. in general linguistics, Poznań, 2008
- Frisian studies
- Ecology of minority languages
- Human linguistics
- Existential semiotics
- Phenomenology of the self
- Introduction to the study of language
- General linguistics
- Semiotics and communication theory
- Rhetoric, eristic and speech communication
- The knowledge of German history and civilization
- The ecology of West-Germanic languages
- Descriptive grammar of German
- Phonetics and phonology of German
- Advanced seminars on the semiotics of culture and communication theory
- Introduction to Frisian studies and language
- BA, MA and PhD Seminars
- Elements of Old Frisian Grammar
- Phenomenology of the linguistic self
- The history of linguistic thought
- Polskie Towarzystwo Językoznawcze (Polish Linguistic Society)
- Societas Linguistica Europaea
- International Communicology Institute, Washington, DC, Appointed as Scholar, 2010, Elected as Fellow, 2012
- The Semiotic Society of America – Nominated as (Foreign) Member, 2011
- Kosovo University in Prishtina, 1987, 1988
- University of Groningen, 1990
Papers read at international conferences and congresses
- Language-Culture-Ecology. International Forum: Ethnos and Nature, Poprad, 1995
- 6th International Conference on Minority Languages, Gdańsk, 1996
- International Symposium: Eurolinguistik ein Schritt in die Zukunft, Berlin, 1997
- 30th Poznań Linguistic Meeting, Poznań, 1997
- International Conference at the Occasion of the 650th Anniversary of Charles University, Prague, 1998
- International conference: Scientific discourse -- tradition and change, Kamień Śląski, 1998
- 31st Poznań Linguistic Meeting, Poznań, 1998
- International Summer Institute for Semiotic and Structural Studies, Imatra (Finland), 1998
- Annual Societas Linguistica Europaea Meeting: Ljubljana, 1999
- International Interdisciplinary Conference on Metaphor and Cognition, Toruń, 1999
- The Nordic-Baltic Summer Institute for Semiotic and Structural Studies and 19th Annual Meeting of the Semiotic Society of Finland, Imatra, Finland, 2000
- Annual Societas Linguistica Europaea Meeting, Poznań, 2000
- 33rd Poznań Linguistic Meeting, Bukowy Dworek, 2001
- Annual Societas Linguistica Europaea Meeting, Leuven, 2001
- Annual Societas Linguistica Europaea Meeting, Potsdam, 2002
- GlobE 2002: Globalization: English and Language Change in Europe, Centrum Falenty / Warsaw, 2002
- 34th Poznan Linguistic Meeting, Poznań, 2003
- GlobE 2004: Bridges and Walls in Metalinguistic Discourse, Centrum Falenty / Warsaw, 2004
- International conference: Constructing Worlds. Constructivism and the changing status of knowledge. Nicholas Copernicus University, Toruń, 2005.
- International Summer School for Semiotics and Structural Studies, under the auspices of the IASS/AIS, Imatra, Finland, 2005
- 39th Annual Meeting of the Societas Linguistica Europaea, Bremen, Germany, 2006
- 40th Annual Meeting of the Societas Linguistica Europaea, Joensuu, Finland, 2007
- Konferencja Polskiego Towarzystwa Neofilologicznego, Wrocław, 2007
- American Conference for Academic Disciplines. Orlando, Florida, 2009
- Consultant Assembly for Discussing the Idea of Urban Discourse in Semiotic Terms. Wrocław, 2009
- PLM2009 Workshop session: “Heritage and identity of Frisians and their language.” 40th Poznań Linguistic Meeting, Gniezno, 2009.
- International Colloquium: In Search of Innovatory Subjects for Language and Culture Courses, Jelenia Góra, 2010
- International Research and Arts Project Metamind: Metamorphoses of the Absolute. Riga Latvia, 2010
- Workshop: “Inter- and Transdiciplinary Issues of Economic Behavior”. International Conference on Economics and Administration, Bucharest, 2011
- PLM2011 Workshop Session: “The Semiotic Self in Communicative Interactions”. 42nd Poznań Linguistic Meeting, Poznań, 2011.
- Fifth International Communicology Institute Summer Conference: Symposium: “Human Understanding: The Matrix of Communication and Culture”. Seminar: “Communicology: Applied Pedagogy and Research”, Jelenia Góra, 2011.
- 30th International Human Science Research Conference: “Intertwining Body-Self-World”, Oxford, 2011
- Symposium: “The Semiotics of Belonging: Existential, Axiological and Praxeological Aspects of Self-Identity at Home or Abroad”. 27th International Summer School for Semiotic and Structural Studies, Imatra, Finland, 2012.
- Roundtable: “Existential Semiotics: Signs as Experience – From Body and Identity to Social Practices and Values”. The 11th World Congress of the International Association for Semiotic Studies: “Global Semiotics Bridging Different Civilizations”, Nanjing, China, 2012.
- “Philosophy of Communication”. 6th International Communicology Institute Summer Conference. First Annual Duquesne Conference, Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, USA, 2012.
- “Ways to Protolanguage 3”. International Conference of Philological School of Higher Education in Wroclaw, Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun, and Polish Academy of Sciences in Wrocław, Wroclaw, 2013.
- Tartu Summer School 2013: “Autocommunication in Semiotic Systems. 40 Years After the Theses on the Semiotic Study of Culture”, Kääriku, 2013.
- 1st International Congress of Numanities: “The Role of Humanities in Contemporary Society: Semiotics, Culture, Technologies”, Kaunas, 2014.
- 33rd International Human Science Research Conference: “Embracing Paradox: The Future and Phenomenology, Antigonish, Nova Scotia, 2014.
- Roundtable “Existential Semiotics”. 12th World Congress of Semiotics: “New Semiotics Between Tradition and Innovation”, Sofia, Bulgaria, 2014.
- International Research Arts Project METAMIND’2014: “The Order in Destruction and the Chaos of Order. Freedom”, Riga, Latvia, 2014.
- “Tolerance and Crossculture Communication. Fedor Sommer’s Work and Life for Tolerance and Literary Sovereignity”. The International Scientific Seminar and the Second International Communicology Institute Colloquium, Jelenia Góra, 2014.
Organizer of conference sessions/workshops
- PLM2009 Workshop session: “Heritage and Identity of Frisians and Their Language.” 40th Poznań Linguistic Meeting, Gniezno, 2009 (together with Oebele Vries, Groningen)
- PLM2011 Workshop Session: The Semiotic Self in Communicative Interactions. 42nd Poznań Linguistic Meeting, Poznań, 2011 (together with Richard L. Lanigan, Washington, DC).
- Symposium: “The Semiotics of Belonging: Existential, Axiological and Praxeological Aspects of Self-Identity at Home or Abroad” (together with Jozef Zaprucki, Jelenia Góra), 27th International Summer School for Semiotic and Structural Studies, Imatra, Finland, 2012.
- Session: “Existential Phenomenology of Human Self in Language, Culture and Education”. 1st International Congress of Numanities: “The Role of Humanities in Contemporary Society: Semiotics, Culture, Technologies”, Kaunas, 2014.
- 2nd degree award of the Vice-Chancellor of the Adam Mickiewicz University for outstanding research results