Websites / Profiles::
- B.A. in English, Poznań, 2009
- M.A. in Russian, Poznań, 2010
- M.A. in English – Experimental Pragmatics, Poznań, 2011
- Ph.D. in English Linguistics, Poznań, 2015
- Experimental Pragmatics
- Language and Emotion Interface
- Linguistic Relativity
- Application of Research Methods for Linguistic Studies
- Cognitive Linguistics
Participation in Research Grants
- 2016-2018 - joint research grant funded by the Polish Academy of Sciences in cooperation with the Romanian Academy - Attitudes and emotions across languages: the case of Polish and Romanian (RA)
- 2016-2018 - SONATA 10: UMO-2015/19/D/HS6/00591 "Psychophysiological correlates of affective language processing in bilinguals" (RA)
- 2017-2022 - Research Grant SONATA 13, Ref. No. 2017/26/D/HS6/00035 "Basic Emotion Terms Catalogue – Polish & English" (PI)
Other professional experience
- 2012-2016 - research assistant, technician at Language and Communication Lab
- Member of Psychonomic Society
- Member of Society for Affective Science
- Member of International Society for Research on Emotions
Papers read at international conferences
- “Emotion-Language Interface Research” poster presented at Experimental Methods in Language Acquisition Research IX (EMLAR IX) in Utrecht, the Netherlands, 31st January 2013.
- “The effects of linguistic and cultural factors on emotional prosody processing: An integrative view” presentation given at 1st Silesian Meeting of Young Scholars (SMYS) in Szczyrk, Poland 19th March 2013.
- "Empathy and distress: Internal and external context dependency of emotion term selection" presentation given at 44th Poznań Linguistic Meeting, 29th August 2013.
- "Poznań Induced Emotion Database – a new database of emotional stimuli for emotion-language interface research” (co-authored with Jeanette Altarriba, PhD), 4th Young Linguists' Meeting Poznań, Poznań, Poland, 4-6 April 2014.
- "Keeping an ear out for negativity – L2 emotion recognition bias for emotion prosody" (co-authored with Jeanette Altarriba, PhD) presentation given at PASE EMOTION(S) 2015 conference in Wroclaw, Poland, 17-19 April 2015.
- "Keeping an ear out for negativity – L2 emotion recognition bias for emotion prosody" (co-authored with Jeanette Altarriba, PhD) presentation given at 45th PLM conference in Poznan, Poland, 17-19 September 2015.
- "Recognizing Emotions from Prosody – Beyond the Standard View and in Context" (co-authored with Jeanette Atarriba, PhD) talk given at the 58th meeting of the Psychonomic Society in Vancouver, BC, Canada; 9-12th November 2017.
- "(In)Visible Dimensions: Implicit Affect and Basic Emotion Categorizations in Emotion Terms" (co-authored with Jeanette Atarriba, PhD) poster presented at at 59th meeting of the Psychonomic Society in New Orleans, LA, USA; 15-18th November 2018.
- "Feels Different When S/he Judges It – Gender and Grammar Factors in Emotion Word Evaluations" (co-authored with Jeanette Atarriba, PhD) poster and flash presentation presented at the bi-annual meeting of the International Society for Research on Emotions, Amsterdam, the Netherlands; 10-13th July 2019.
- "Hearts out of Sync – Cross-Linguistic & Gender Differences in Basic Emotion Term Evaluation" (co-authored with Jeanette Atarriba, PhD) poster presentation given at the 60th Annual Meeting of The Psychonomic Society, 2019, Montréal, Québec, Canada; 14-17th November 2019.
- "Getting a Grip on Emotions Concreteness, Imageability, & Context Availability Measures for Basic Emotion Terms" (co-authored with Jeanette Atarriba, PhD), vrtual talk given at the 61st meeting of the Psychonomic Society Online; 19-22nd November 2020.
- "Introducing EmCat Basic Emotion Term Databases" talk given at the bi-annual virtual meeting of the Society for Affective Science, online; 13-16th April 2021.
- "Empathy and distress: Internal and external context dependency of emotion term selection", guest lecture given at University at Albany SUNY, 8 Sept. 2014.
- "Love by any other name: How we speak emotions and feel words" guest lecture given at University at Albany SUNY, 23. Oct. 2019.
Organizer of workshops
- Experimental Methods in Linguistics (EmiL). Co-authored with Rafał Jończyk. 4th Young Linguists' Meeting Poznań, Poznań, Poland, 4-6 April 2014.
- Experiment Designer's Roadmap. 5th Young Linguists' Meeting Poznań, Poznań, Poland, 25-27 Listopad 2016.
- Psychonomic Society's Member Select-Speaker Award at the 58th Annual Meeting in Vancouver, BC, Canada; 'For Exceptional Research that Exemplifies Theoretical Impact and Methodological Rigor'.